This episode is about three concepts that I've found helpful for managing money. These concepts are about the big-picture when it comes to money, rather than the details. I think they express the mindset for achieving financial independence. Here is a summary of the ideas discussed:
- Be Your Own CFO: managing your own money as you would manage the finance of a business.
- Be Investment-Oriented, Not Consumption-Oriented
- Be A Passive Investor.
- The Voluntary Life Community on Facebook
- How to Be the CFO of Your Own Life by Luke Landes
- How to Become CFO of Your Life by JD Roth
- E219 How To Do A Monthly Financial Review
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley
- Previous Episodes on Investing
- E155: Review of A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel
- Please note: I'm not a financial advisor and your money is your responsibility.
Listen To Episode 226